The Charlotte Area Association of Black Journalists College Scholarship is designed to assist college students in their desire to achieve success in the journalism field. The 2016 scholarship will award $1,000 to a college student in the Charlotte-metro area who is pursuing a career in journalism or mass communications. Applications must be postmarked by Thursday, November 17, 2016.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- A full-time college student pursuing a journalism/communications degree.
- Has at least a 3.0 grade point average.
- A U.S. citizen or legal resident.
- Resides in Charlotte area during school year.
The application process includes:
- Completed application.
- Essay (500 words on topic listed).
- Official college transcript (sealed).
- Two letters of recommendation (sealed), with one being from an instructor.
For questions or concerns, please e-mail CAABJ at email@example.com.